Parastone is an locally-owned landmark construction and development company operating in the Elk Valley and located in Fernie, British Columbia, Canada. A forward-thinking, respected development company providing all aspects of Construction Management Services. Widely known as the ‘Builders of 901 Fernie’, Parastone managed one of the largest regional redevelopment projects with the completion of the 1908 Schoolhouse site in downtown Fernie in the fall of 2009.
Over the last decade, Parastone completed numerous commercial real estate projects, successfully transforming projects from conceptual plans to market-ready products aimed at maximizing shareholder values. With our in-house expertise in construction management services, the company oversees all requirements for project planning including a broad financial scope with budgets ranging from $300,000 to project values up to $30,000,000.
Building on a commitment to the community, Parastone led an approach to develop 45 Attainable Housing units, in collaboration with BC housing, the City of Fernie, Columbia Basin Trust and the local housing society. Known as the Veneto Place Project, the alliance created community housing solutions through a public/private partnership, with the initiative representing a first in British Columbia.
More recently Parastone has managed the creation of a new community, Montane, including zoning, subdivision and servicing of over 70 lots and construction of 10 modern mountain homes.
Representatives of Parastone Developments are actively involved in the Fernie and Kootenay business community contributing to open dialogue, policy-input and knowledge on local, regional and other jurisdictional issues. Associations include:
- Selected as a Finalist for the prestigious Georgie Award by the Canadian Home Builders Association for 2010 (901 Fernie)
- Recognized for Excellence by the Georgie Awards in category of Best Multi-Family Low Rise Development in 2010 (Veneto Place Properties)
- Selected as ‘Fernie Business of the Year’ by the Fernie Chamber of Commerce, 2009
- Awarded Chamber Business Excellence Award for the 2009/2010
- Canadian Home Builders Association, President Rocky Mt. Division, Licensed Builder
- Southern Interior Construction Association
- Built Green BC
- Fernie & Area Builders and Developers Association – Director and Founding Member
- Home Warranty/Protection Office
- Construction Safety Network – COR Certified
- Fernie Chamber of Commerce – Member
- Tourism Fernie – Member (Real Estate Development and Construction Sector)
- Canadian Rockies International Airport Alliance
Support in the Community
Parastone supports various not-for-profits including the 3300 Club, Kindergym Society, Fernie Ghostriders Hockey, Knights of Columbus, Fernie and Sparwood Lions Clubs, Fernie Historical Society, TransRockies Mountain Bike Race and several other local community organizations with a corporate emphasis on groups dedicated to promoting athleticism and youth activities throughout the Elk Valley.
If you are interested in submitting a Request for Sponsorship from Parastone, please direct to. or mail to:
Parastone Developments, Box 1900, Fernie BC, V0B 1M0 , Attention: Office Manager